Important! The Catonsville Library will be closed starting on February 18, 2023 for renovations.
- Learn More About the Catonsville Library Renovation. >>
- Why? The Catonsville renovation will improve the library by updating the 1963 building to meet today’s standards, including a sprinkler system, new sewage ejector pump to address recurring plumbing problems, new electrical system, new LED lighting, new clerestory windows to address recurring leaks, remodeled accessible restrooms with eco-friendly features and upgraded HVAC systems.
The community will also receive Baltimore County Public Library’s first recording studios, to help support the creativity in Music City, Maryland. Additional customer-focused features include a remodeled meeting room and new finishings throughout the branch including carpet, furniture, accessible shelving, a laptop bar, reading areas, work desks as well as acoustic treatment.
- What about the staff? The Catonsville staff will continue to maintain library engagement in the immediate community during closure, including outreach to schools. This will provide a strong physical library presence, in addition to virtual services and surrounding branches.
- What about the History Room? The History Room will reopen along with the entire branch post-renovation. Staff have been responding to customer History Room questions throughout the pandemic closure and will continue up until renovation closure. At that time, the History Room collection will be safely stored at another location away from construction.
- Closure Length - The length of the closure for a capital renovation of this scale is pretty typical. Our most recently renovated branch, Reisterstown, was closed for a comparable length of time. If you haven’t checked out their Preservation Station, it’s worth the visit! It’s a free do-it-yourself digitization lab gives customers the opportunity to digitize films, tapes and photos, and save to an external hard drive, USB drive or cloud storage for personal archiving.
Why Join The Friends
You membership supports Catonsville Library programs and the Catonsville History room. Here are the programs we are supporting over the summer.
How to Join
Your Friends of the Catonsville Library membership helps us provide the funds to support the events or needs of the Catonsville Library. The Friends of the Catonsville Library is a non-profit group and your membership donation is that supports the Catonsville Branch of Baltimore County Public Library, www.bcpl.info.
Or, If you prefer, you can send this form and a check made out to:
"The Friends of the Catonsville Library"
1100 Frederick Road, Catonsville, MD 21228
Follow the Friends of the Catonsville Library Facebook page!
Thanks to Your Support!